Submissions are open until the end of June 2020. The editor aims to respond within twelve weeks.
- Blog posts and nonfiction should be no more than 750 words
- Short stories can be up to 2,000 words, prose memoir 1,000 words
- Send in essays on the Black Country of up to 1,500 words
- Poets, please send up to three poems
- Artists, please email a proposal
- Simultaneous submissions accepted, but no previously published work
Please submit completed work (for written entries) in the My Work section below. Artists, please send details of your work with a link to images.
- The Black Country Arts Foundry welcomes artists and writers over 16-years-old, and is committed to publishing undiscovered and emerging voices.
- The Arts Foundry is looking for artistic responses to the region, with strong narratives and bold themes at the heart of submissions across all media.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but tell us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- No previously published work.
- Fact checking is essential so please provide sources for nonfiction and essays.
- Reach for something true. Aim for originality, a new voice or vision saying something different about the place you live in, or the place you may have left behind.